The mission of Christ Church is to offer hospitality, healing and hope in the name of Jesus Christ.
The way we interact with each other and our community, and every program we undertake is grounded in this mission. Our mission and our work are in keeping with the tenets of the larger Episcopal Church, which strives to live by the message of Christ, in which there are no outcasts and all are welcome.
We envision Christ Episcopal Church as a spiritual center of the Southern Tier where people of all ages and all faiths or of no faith are welcomed to gather for theological discussion and exploration in pursuit of the full humanity that is embedded in each of us.
- To encourage the growing involvement of the laity in directing and sustaining our various ministries in the Greater Corning area.
- To affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdom in our spiritual journey.
- To seek community that is inclusive of ALL people, including but not limited to:
- Conventional Christians and questioning skeptics;
- Believers and agnostics; and,
- Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities;
- To know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe.
- To find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning than in absolutes.
- To strive for peace and justice among all people.
- To strive to protect and restore the integrity of the Earth.
- To commit to a path of life-long learning, compassion, and selfless love.
- To partner with local arts organizations and the Chamber of Commerce to identify appropriate opportunities to utilize Christ Church as a venue for music performances, lectures on our Tiffany windows, and other events for our benefit and that of the surrounding community.